A few weeks back, we shared two posts on holiday gift ideas for men and women we know (Part 1 and Part 2), based on their personality or style. It’s not just singles we worry about when we’re wondering what to gift someone, though. A lot of couples tend to take on similar quirks and styles when they are together, so let’s consider them too!
Picking the Perfect Wedding Gifts as Per the Couple
While there is no hard and fast rule deciding what category a newlywed couple falls into, chances are you will recognize at least one or two of them. Of course, when you’re buying a wedding gift for someone, you have to take into account what they would like to receive as a couple. You should get some ideas when you look at the five types of couples listed below:
1. The Lovey-Dovey Twosome – We’ve all seen these newlyweds, the ones who can’t take their hands or eyes off each other! They are romantic and thoroughly immersed in the first flush of love, so gifts for them should celebrate that attachment. Romantic lights, matching his-and-hers towels and eclectic ‘couple’ home accessories are perfect for them.
2. The Art Lovers – These are the newlyweds who collect and display pop art, graphic prints and paintings. For the art-loving couple, you could pick out home linen in bright vibrant prints, coffee table art books and beautiful canvas wall prints. One thing you can be sure of is that whatever gift you present them with will be displayed with pride in their home!
3. The Consummate Hosts – When these twosomes set up their new home, they design it with the intent to cause a splash with guests. They are the ones who will throw a pre-wedding, post-wedding and weekly or bi-weekly bash at their place. Friends will always be welcome, so home decor accessories designed for parties will definitely bring a sparkle to their eyes!
4. The Family Planners – Many newly married couples start planning their family well before they get married. They really want to become parents as soon as they possibly can and their future plans all revolve around the children they will bring into the world someday. For these incredibly family-oriented twosomes, you can’t go wrong with nursery furniture, stuffed toys and adorable decor for a baby’s room!
5. The Best Friends – When people look at these two, it’s quite common for them to mistake the newlyweds for a pair of close friends rather than a couple. They share similar interests and are passionate about displaying their ‘team’ status, so unique and themed wedding gifts would strike their fancy. They could both be into a common sport, movies or videogames, among other things, so get them something that matches their passion.
When it comes to figuring out the perfect wedding gift, look beyond the ordinary. There will be enough well-meaning relatives, colleagues and friends presenting them with useful and practical items. Your job is to ensure you get them something they would love to own, but wouldn’t splurge on themselves!