Happy New Year everyone! We’ve bid adieu to 2013 and stepped into the new year with a fresh resolve to become more productive, healthy and happy, haven’t we?
New year resolutions are a great way to set forth a roadmap for changes we want to make in our lives, but most of us tend to lose track somewhere along the way. Taking on a challenge to completely turn over a new leaf is an inspired choice, but like any other major change, baby steps can make all the difference!
Tips to Help You Take Charge of Your Life in 2014
It’s easier to tackle the challenge of changing something in our lives when we can break it down into smaller, more manageable units. Here are some ideas and tips on how you can do just that:
- Inspire Yourself Every Day – Surround yourself with inspirational quotes, posters, photographs and more, in every area of your life. When you step into the kitchen, a collage of your favorite dishes will make you want to try cooking them, while a collection of travel magazines will remind you to take some time off every now and then. The daily grind can bring anyone down, but a bit of self-motivation goes a long way!
- De-Clutter Your Life – It’s amazing how a few changes in the way you deal with your ‘stuff’ can help clear up your mind and make you feel more productive. Take care of clutter around your home, at the workplace and any other space you spend time in. This amazing post has some great ideas on how to organize everything around you, like using shower curtain hooks to hang up bags in your cupboard!
- Make Space for Creativity – No matter how busy your work or personal life may be, you need to take some time out to feed the creative bug in you. If you have a hobby or interest that makes you happy, set aside a space and even just an hour a week to pursue it. If you haven’t picked up a hobby yet, this is as good a time as any to begin!
- Achieve a Better Balance – If you are juggling a family or busy social life with a hectic career, the start of the year is the time to work on a balance. Too many of us burn the candle at both ends, which gets mixed up sooner or later, so define your priorities and separate them. When you are at work, try to leave your personal life at home, and vice versa. Practice makes perfect!
- Take Your Health in Hand – Yes, everyone keeps talking about healthier lifestyles, so we’ll make this one short. The fact is, even a tiny bit of exercise every day will improve your energy levels, which leads to being more productive. Also, you know all those times when you reach for a snack because you’re bored? Well, get up and complete a chore instead – your body will thank you for it!
Dealing with your New Year resolution to be more productive becomes much easier when you plan it out correctly. After all, 2014 is a fresh year, so treat it like a blank ‘to-do’ list.